Thursday 20 December 2012

Merry Christmas!

I don't know if I've ever mentioned this, but I am a CHRISTMAS MAN. I love Christmas. Always have done. And since moving to Japan, my Yuletide mania only seems to have gotten worse. Maybe it's as an allergic reaction to the savage hijacking of the Season of Good Will over here, by Mickey Mouse and his cohorts, and wall to wall images of poor Norman Rockwell's Santa manically swigging down bottles of coca cola, but each year, my traditional English Christmas celebrations seem to get bigger and bigger. This year it has extended to making chutneys, mince pies, and even a Christmas pudding. Next year, who knows? Baking a Christmas cake and spending the whole of December in a Father Christmas outfit? Actually, maybe not, that sounds a bit creepy...
Anyway, I always have a go at recording a carol, to help spread a bit of Christmas spirit. This year I've recorded the Romanian carol "Leganelul lui Iisus" or "Jesu's little cradle" by Valentin Teodorian. For any tuba geeks reading, it's also a chance to have a listen to my new YFB-821 in action!
I'll take this opportunity to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, and a peaceful and nuclear-free New year x


No comments:

Post a Comment