Sunday 22 January 2012

New Release- MONDO coba





Photobucket
"MONDO coba" coba (avex trax) AVCD-38402

coba's new 20th Anniversary double-album "MONDO coba" is out this week, and I'm playing on two tracks, "chou a la creme de Vanessa" and "purple screaming". You can check it out HERE

I first heard coba at Phoenix festival in England back in 1996, I think, playing with one of my favourite musicians Björk. I particularly remember his amazing accompaniment to "Anchor Song", which they played as a duet. Here's a clip of them together-


I bumped into coba a few times when I first moved to Japan, but we worked together for the first time last October, when he was Musical Director of Kushida Kazuyoshi's production "Kuchu Cabaret"at Matsumoto Performing Arts Centre, which was a truly amazing experience; collaborating with actors, acrobats, French circus artists and musicians. Good times!

1 comment: